Last week we proudly launched a great new site for Findability Bristol. It’s an online directory for disabled children and their families, offering information about services, organisations and events in Bristol.
We’ve loved working on the site with the Findability team, and especially enjoyed developing some of its more engaging features, including:
• Changing home page image every time you visit
• Advanced search, enabling postcode and category filters
• Scrolling events calendar
• Site accessibility features such as Text Resize and Text Only
• Blog – enabling the Findability team to keep in touch with users.
Findability is a Bristol-based portal site for 1Big Database, an online community database we set up for Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire back in 2004. Findability filters data from 1BD for it’s relevance to disability, and reflects this in the results it shows to the user. It’s an ongoing project, relying on the listees’ details being updated regularly and accurately, therefore providing better and more relevant results for users as time goes on.
We’re delighted to have been a part of such a worthwhile project, and would thank the partnership involved:
• 1Big Database (Bristol City Council, Bath & North East Somerset Council, South Gloucestershire Council)
• Bristol Parent Carers
• BCC Disability Communications Group.
Check out the site here!
Created on Tuesday March 13 2012 10:10 AM
Bristol: 0117 949 8008